About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Photo of the Day

I went out and took some shots today.
Nothing really stands out.
I went out when the light was too high and I could not see my screen to adjust my ISO and f-Stops and I was reading the inside. I guess it was just one of those days.

Here's a few of the best
Photobucket
Reflection

Sculpture
I love finding art in Nature...this one I call Sculpture

Sculpture 2
Same tree diffent angle

FLipped Reflection
This is reveresed but you really can't tell.

Iron Water
Iron in the water? Just a bit.

Thank you all for the advice...some of it we are already doing...Like Andrea's suggestion of same time same place...still does not make it any easier. Marla I like you idea of a coffee shope but living in the country that is not possible...unless I pick him up once a week and take him to Timmy's to do the bulk of it after school then....now there's a thought.

I'm still waiting for my Art History Mark...can we say NOT Happy waiting. I did it before English and I got that one with in a week and I know Marc has as many papers to mark. I just want to know.

Miranda is much better and scrambling to catch up on homework she missed while sick. Also she tells me what I didn't know about the audtion in Montreal. A mother is always the last to know. They were audtioning for the two parts of the department but they had to put down what they wanted first. So she picked Theatre Performance and the people for Theatre Major Program were there too. SO I guess she got in but not in her first chocie. I'm glad about that now. She is too bright not to do a combined degree in Theatre and English. I'm happy for her. Plus as she thinks back some of her answers on her Questionaire showed that would be the best place for her. SIGH... I just glad she can come home when she wants. :)

Tomorrow I pick my summer classes. Iwas worried about not getting in but my English Prof tells me not to worry there is no big rush. LOL... I just hope the have enough for the classes I want.

Well off to do something...or read...or nap...

1 comment:

Marla said...

I keep thinking about this - doesn't Nathan have his grandparents right "next door"? Are you close enough to them, and is the relationship such that he can visit them and do it there?