About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

A few words

Finally got my averages back for my Classes and I am pleased with them.
FYSM - Which was a intro English - B average!
Pleased with that because I have so many grammar issues that it's not funny. I worked hard to get that.

Art History- the first half of the 100 level of which I am taking the 2nd half starting next week
A-
And I am thrilled with that!

I am thinking of doing a Combined Degree English and Art History and I met with someone who was supposed to know. He was an ASS. Just because you have letters behind your name doesn't make you smart and there is no NEED to intimadate people, because this guy was arrogant and and idot. I finally had to tell him to tell me what the options that I had were because IF I knew what options I had I would NOT be here. After I said that he smartened up, but my question is WHY did I have to do it in the first place?

Yesterday I went out with a dear friend and took some shots of some Tulips. The Tulip Festival is starting in Ottawa but the tulips really are not out in full force yet, PLUS the lighting was harsh due to the time of day we were taking pictures. I did get some ok ones but not what I would like. Needs to be early evening or early morning. Next week I am going out again with another Friend to do the same. Gosh I am popular these days! ;)

Here a few shots of what I took yesterday.

tulips

4

5

6

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This last shot is in Memory of Louise, my huband's Aunt who passed away last week. She loved tulips.

4 comments:

BeachMama said...

Great pics Sharon! Funny we haven't gone out 'shooting', we still need to do this one day :)

Silver Creek Mom said...

I know! We should get do that and GET a Group of us MGW ers who have DSLR and go group shooting. Although you by far have the most talent and the BEST Camera.
J E A L O U S!

Angela Giles Klocke said...

These are gorgeous, Sharon!

twinmomplusone said...

great pics ;)