About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tulips

A week back...I went out and shot some tulips with a Friend (Hi Wendy) at the Tulip Festival
I got sooo many great shots it's hard to choose. I have a few to post here while I write about other things that are going on in my life.

Photobucket

I have started my summer session courses and I must say I am loving my Art History class. SO MUCH has been discovered and changed in pre history since I last took this course. So much more information, I was shocked. I just went though those notes last summer.
The class is smaller much more informal and more discussion is happening, 3 hours whip on by. The only downside is the blasted text book is not in. They are supposed to come in today, but a limited number and I was not going to drive all the way up for a text book when I am there tomorrow. I'll just make sure I go and see if they have any left.

Photobucket

I have been enjoying going in early to a smaller campus body. Not as many people means more room for me to sit in the Library Coffee shop and enjoy the quiet and read for my class. It has been nice. OH the Professor has a copy at the library so we can read it there. NICE. I've actaully ran into a few of the young adults (I have to quit saying kids) that were in some of my other classes. They actually talk. It's nice.

White

I have having problems getting back into re writing my notes. I seem distracted lately. I guess it's all the stuff that is happening in my life that is distracting me. I will work it out.

Red Light

Even though my Art History text is not in, my American Lit Text books are and I don't start that class till July. I bought them yesterday and now I can sit on my back deck and read and get ready for that class which is going to be a whirl wind of Literature. Luckly I have read some of the stuff from my FYSM but that's ok. I know we did not go indepth as we could have with some of it. Looking forward to it. I have to read 4 novels in 6 weeks...I better get cracking. LOL! I have already read A Street Car Named Desire...now on to the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Never read it, so I get to read it with my new ability to see what the author is getting at.

Perfect light

And the big news of the summer...I should be finally get to see STYX! They are coming to Bluesfest and I am going to see them...and maybe KISS! Just for fun! Plus yesterday I learned that AC/DC is making an Ottawa Stop, I'm hoping I get tickets to that one too. Shook me all night long, is what I am expecting from them. LOL!

Photobucket

Now the only thing I have to say....IS PLEASE WARM UP...I'M FREEZING ALL THE TIME.
Great for Tulips though
Photobucket

Tulips

Enough Chatter back to work...I have my first Midterm on June 4th!

6 comments:

valerie said...

the picture of red tulips with the black background is absolutely stunning, Sharon.

jo(e) said...

Those tulip photos are gorgeous.

BeachMama said...

Great photos Sharon, I do love Tulips :).

As for everything coming together, I am sure it will. Sounds like your classes are awesome and that you have some great Prof's. Enjoy the warm day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friends,

I Find Absolutely FREE PlayBoy & Penthous

http://www.girlsupdates.com

If I find something else I'll inform you.

Best Regards,
Maria

Kathryn said...

Hi Silver Creek Mom,
Love your blog - it's refreshing to read about someone going back to school because they are so passionate about something.
I work with Mom Central (www.momcentralconsulting.com) and we're looking for Canadian bloggers for our blog roll. We help our clients (Canadian companies) connect with bloggers for sampling, product review and giveaway opportunities. If you're interested in more info, do you mind emailing me at kathryn@momcentral.com?
Best of luck with your mid terms!

Kathryn

Loukia said...

Great pictures!