About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

One Week Of Vacation

FUN! FUN! FUN!
We had a great week off as a family something that I say we need to more of, well if we could afford it.
Sunday we left for Niagara Falls, a place we have been before and yes all 4 of us but we love it there and will continune to go back and explore. This time we wanted to go to Marineland and MAN it was a blast.

We left home early afternoon and arrived at this hotel (which I got a great big deal on) we checked in when it was dark.
Nathan the sneaky
Who's that Camera

Photobucket
Miranda in the lobby a wee bit flagged.

We were supposed to have a room on the city side of the hotel; but when we opened the door to our room, we'll let me say after we seeing the bags on the floor and the Flat Screen t.v. on and a couple of feet in the bed, we slowly backed out of the room saying sorry to have interrupted. (We were in the honeymoon capital of the world) We went back down, chuckling all the way. Needless to say the people at the desk were horrified and bumped us up to a fall view room. NICEST room I have ever been in. Thanks to a small mix up. :)
Here's the view at night.
Skywheel
Skywheel

The Clifton Hill
Clifton Hill

Skylon
Skylon


Nathan had a hard time settling and finally fell asleep at Midnight and was up bright and early the next morning. SO what do you do when you see this our your window at 7 a.m.?
Photobucket
The view from our Room

You get mommy up to get a coffee at Starbucks and go for a walk to take pictures (and let the other slugs sleep)
Sherton on the Falls
Our Hotel in the morning light

Early morning
Niagara in the morning light...beautiful

We have given Nathan my old point and shoot to use on this trip and he took many great shots that I will share with you someother time. Just a quick post for today.

Nathan
My Young Photographer

Nathan shoots everything and anything
Nathan shooting everything and everything

Hi Buffalo NewYork!
Good Morning Buffalo!

Garabage?
Garabage Cans?

Photobucket
As close as we got at this point, we were getting hungry and went back to wake the others up.

Marineland... Tomorrow!

1 comment:

DaniGirl said...

Great pix Sharon! Looks like you guys had a great time!! I think we overlapped your stay by one day -- we arrived Tuesday and stayed through Thursday.

How funny about your unexpected hotel room - erm - guests!!!