About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Stratford

Our last stop on our whirl wind tour of Southren Ontario is one of Miranda and mine most favorite places to be, Stratford Ontario.

Miranda in her favorite  place in the world!
A Stage for Miranda

It is one of those towns that you fall in love with and end up having your favorite spots to hang out in or eat in or shop in everytime you go.

AND I love the plays and I love Shakespearian Plays. I didn't get to see any this time but Miranda and I did get to see Cyrano de Bergerac and West Side Story. Jack and Miranda seen MacBeth. Nathan is still too young to sit still through a play and his interest does not lay there yet, but maybe one day, then we can all go. We take shifts going to these plays. Last year I did a Road Trip with Miranda and a friend, this year it was just us.

Cyrano de Bergerac was awesome! Colm Feore and he was amazing in it. He is a long time presence at Stratford over the years and he is well worth going to see. I can only hope and pray that Miranda has a wonderful career there as he has over the years. He is also playing in MacBeth which I am told was awesome but Miranda was upset becasue she has never read the play and you really need to have first hand knowledge of the play most times to get it.

West Side Story ...well let me say was TOTALLY AWESOME. The dancing and the singing and of coures the acting was outstanding but I expect this for this festival. I am never dissappointed when I go. I had to laugh when Tony was shot the shot rang out and scared the heck out of the whole audience and wee young thing sitting behind us said in the clearest voice after the sudden silence "Why did they kill him" I love hearing kids at theatre performances. It was perfect.

I also did some people watching and as you should know by now I love to watch people. This time it was worth it. One early morning walk with Miranda I seen this face I thought I knew but I wasn't sure who it was till I was passing her and heard her speak...it was the actor Cynthia Dale out having a walk and a coffee with a friend. Miranda of course didn't see her. And Coming out of West Side Story I seen Canadian Funny Man Colin Mochrie....and of course Miranda didn't see him, until I said it and she jumped up on a bench and did.

Here's a few shots of our visit there
Photobucket
Playground Fun at the Festivale Theatre site.

Photobucket
Daddy and Nathan Try together

Jugle Gym Fun
Miranda's turn

swans
What's a trip to Stratford with a walk by the River.

busy swans

Viewing

Photobucket
Miranda's Future Place of Work and Nathan

Photobucket
Time to head out and head home.

No comments: