About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer is almost over

I had my last class for the summer session yesterday. Everyone including our Professor seemed tired and just wanted to be somewhere else. It was so hot and the air conditioning just made it worse. I seen now that taking a July/August class in English is not the thing to do. Way too much reading for 6 weeks, no time to really enjoy the works the way I would like to and no life. I'm sure other classes would be fine and this would not matter as much if Nathan was older. He needs his mommy in the summer, his summer, Lesson learned. I will take May/June classes, while he is still in school in something, but not the rest of the summer.

I really enjoy this Professor. I really did luck out when I fell into his class. I'm sure I will take more classes with him in the future but for now I have to finish first year and second.

With the end of summer somes the craziness of school for my other two. Miranda getting her books and with her moving out we have alot to buy. I'm looking forward to the excited phone calls and the once and while weekends she comes home, to tell us what she is doing good or bad. I am under no illusion she will be home every weekend. But that's ok. She is doing something I never did. Live on my own in such a cool city as Montreal! Plus I can go down and visit and take her shopping. Nothing like shopping for shoes in Montreal.

Nathan is going into grade three this year. I am hoping for a huge change in his attitude to learning. I am so hoping he becomes interested in what is going on around him and challenging himself. He not a stupid child but he is not interested in the system. And that's the only choice he has or I have have for him at the moment. One day I can see him waking up and just hoping its sooner than later.

PhotoMoment#5
Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes.,..I love a good Cosmopolitan or a glass of Red Wine. Anytime. Any Where!
I don't think I have to explain more why this makes me happy!

No comments: