About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Well Summer Classes are over

Photobucket
Have a drink to celebrate!
And I will not take another summer class in English again. It's too much. Lots of reading and essays all in 8 weeks. I am a slow reader when it comes to trying to get behind the meaning of the work and not the great a writer yet.
I did the exam Monday but honestly I was finding it hard to focus...really hard. I'm not sure I did all that well on the exam. I knew the stuff and if we were going to talk about it I would get an A . Just too played out. I think I need a few weeks off to get back into the flow. As the Prof said when the exam was over...As Alice Cooper Said...Schools out for summer, go out and enjoy yourselves before all this craziness starts again in two weeks! An appropiate ending. I have one more appointment with this professor to go over my essays and I will say goodbye to him for a year before I will take another course with him. I'm looking forward to the fall semester when I take Theory of Photography and British literature 1. I want to take another class but I'm not sure we can swing it money wise. And to be honest time wise. I would to take what I need to fill up my 1st year requirements. We will see.

Miranda starts the new phase of her life next week. She will move to Montreal (my most favorite city of all) and start her classes in Theatre at Concordia University. I'm looking forward to taking her shopping and just exploring the city alitte more! I couldn't be more excited for her. I'm sure a few tears will fall but I honestly think this is a wonderful time in her life. YOU GO GIRL! you can do anything and I will be right here to hear all the exciting things that will happen good and bad!


Nathan starts school on Monday and he is looking forward to going back. I am hoping for him to get some sort of interest in doing his school work. I am hoping to find a way to get him to do his homework and not want to have the nightly battle we had last year. I want him to have some self motivation but he still may be to young that for that. I want him to challenge himself and see what he can be and do the best that he can. I think he does the limit of what he can. This scares me.

Here's my PhotoMoment # 6 for today
Photobucket
I love the early morning light. Makes life seem all shiney and new.

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

So much going on for you right now with school. School for you, school for Miranda and school for Nathan. Glad you got your exam over with and glad you made yourself a martini. Next time we should have one together ;)