About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Dream Catchers

webs 3

Do you like Dream catchers?
I do.
Well I like the idea of them, I don't actually have one and I don't really know where they came from. I will have to use the ones I shot on the Hourly Photo Project (I really did take over 200 shots that day)

Webs 2

I want something to catch my dreams and make them reality, or hold them till I can make them a reality. I do know I am the only one who can make my own dreams a reality.
After how upset I was yesterday, and letting a person who mostly like has more insceurities than I have get to me. Letting them have control over my emotions and my insecuites. I have decided to not let people do this to me. I let this person have control. That was my biggest mistake and not the given name thing. I could have said something or just ignored it. Which would have been the bigger thing to do.

Webs 1

So from now on I am working on my dreams; Dreams I can only make reality. I'm sure there are going to be a few steps forward and many backward, but I am the only one who can do this. I need to be sure of myself. Something that is hard for me after years and years of self doubt and 2nd guessing. I will be confident, and this will help me achieve what I want, no, what I need.
World, this woman is moving on and reaching out and getting her dreams.

webs 4
(you may all have to remind me from time to time, K?)

2 comments:

BeachMama said...

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Lice the life you have imagined.

Thoreau.

My Sister gave me a magnet with that saying on it last year for my Birthday. It gave me the courage to stop second guessing myself. You can do it too.

Silver Creek Mom said...

I'm not sure I want lice to live my life but ok. LOL! You did a me!

I know I can, I just need alittle help from my friends!