About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Monday, January 04, 2010

I'm doing something right.

My apologies for my rantings and ravings in the last blog.
I didn't need to air my midlife crisis.
But what is done is done. I did learn I am not alone in this and I have great friends, but I already knew that.
BUT,
that is not what this blog is about.
It's about Nathan
Photobucket
My young man has amazed me in the last couple of days.
He is growing up and becoming a young man.
I bought him a DSi for Christmas, besides the snowshoes, I think this is his favorite gift and it has Sudoku on it.
Now I cannot play this game for the life of me. I see numbers and I tend to run screaming from the room or panic.
He has been playing this steady and is good at it. NO scratch that, he is amazing at it.
He never gets one wrong and the only thing he runs out of is time. If it wasn't timed he do it right all the way through. SO why is he failing math at school? I asked and got MOM IT'S BORING! I guess I really can't blame him.
Then when I needed it the most he said to me before bed last night. "Mommy...I have to tell you you are the best MOM in the world, I love you so much, and the prettiest girl I know. I hope to marry a girl just like you!" I know I was not at my best yesterday but it was just what I needed to hear. Now if our husbands could just tell us that once and while we would be good to go.
I hope he keeps it up as a man, he will make some woman very happy indeed.
I love you too, Nathan.
Photobucket

2 comments:

twinmomplusone said...

What a beautiful post and what beautiful pictures!

I'm so glad you went ahead and got him a DSi, I knew he would love it. Maybe I can lend you some of our games at one point. Thre's some neat educational ones :)

hugs

BeachMama said...

Awww now that is special Mom moment for sure. And... we keep telling you he is bored, now you know for sure because he told you. Glad he loves his DSi, J loves his too, but I will admit that we don't have as many educational games, guess I should look into that ;)