About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just a few things

I might have a weeks worth of blogging in one post but it a few things that entered my mind this week.
First...I am feeling better about my self at times. There are days were I feel completely inept at everything I do. From parenting to school. BUT I do think keeping a journal is helping me see what is in my head and what is bothering me. NO clue what to do about it...yet.

Second...Breakfast...Lunch....Nutrition.
As you know if you read this blog at all regularly, that Nathan is having trouble in school. And as everyone and his dog knows BREAKFAST IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY! Well Nathan refuses to eat breakfast most days. I try, but is it worth making both of us upset? I cannot for the life of me been able to get either of my kids to eat! Am I THAT BAD A COOK?
He says he doesn't feel well. I'm postive it is because he is hungry. BUT try to convinve someone who is says their tummy is upset to eat! I had the same, same problem with Miranda. I have not clue what to do, and to make it worse, he is not eating much of his lunch. We have tried and failed to get him to take multi vitimans but no go. I have tried just to get him to drink, got him up earlier, got him up later, drove him to school. Nothing works. He barely eats breakfast on weekends, unless we go out after church and that is almost 10 a.m. by then. His lunch is barely touched. He won't eat anything. I have gotten angry, begged, cried, to no avail. I give him cheese, and fruit that he won't eat, taken away the sugary junk because that is all he will eat. Tried to make it fun. done alomost every thing I can think of. BUT When that boy gets home he non stops eats till bed. Any advice? I am ready to book a room in an mental hospital and just sit and stare. Nothing upsets me more than not being able to get him to eat.

Third...Last weekend we went to Winterlude. It was a short visit and fun. BUT Nathan had a nasty cold and was not up to all the fun. We ended up going to a friends house for a few hours, and just sitting. Here's a few shots...I didn't take many, due to the short amount of time we were there.
colin and nathan
Nathan and Colin hamming it up!

backsides
Backsides sliding down!

Today was my last class for a week. I am officially on reading week. What am I doing? Well, I am reading and getting ready for my midterm in art history when I get back. I may even go to school a day or two to study. AM I a dedicated student or what? I will be all alone on my reading week. Miranda's is the week after mine. Nathan's is the first week of March. So there is no way we could all go somewhere, IF I could get Jack to take time off of work or from his Brother's house.

Maybe I will take a me day and go have coffee with some friends or take some pictures.
What do you think?

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Well, I have a terrible cold, but I would love to see you if you have some free time. Call anytime.