About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Let me tell you a story

It's about a life.
A life of a woman taken too soon.
I hope she is at peace because I get the feeling she did not have a lot of that.
I knew her, knew her well, or so I thought.
But I am not one to pry and ask questions, I come from the idea that if you want to talk you will.
She never talked much about herself, her family, or others.
Although we all knew that she was having trouble dealing with different issues in her life, past and present. How could she not?
Details I won't go into out of respect for her and her family.
But what I will tell you is about the times we spent together.
We spent hours on the phone before computers, email and Facebook, comiserating about being new mothers while our new baby girls were sleeping.
How many Birthday parties we went to together with the girls.
The Sleigh rides we went on.
Wagon rides (they were big Horse people)
Trips to Fabric land to buy fabric to make our girls some cool new dresses.
Out to dinner, over to dinner, and to here to dinner.
Then she had her 2nd girl, and I struggled to have my 2nd.
After our girls drifted apart we seemed to too, not out of anger, or anything else, just lives changing direction. We meet and chat once and while like all those years had not passed. The last time I seen her was over a year ago. We chatted 5 minutes and off we went.
But...I had heard the romours of troubles in her life, not easy ones either.
Then last night coming home , the car she was driving left the road and struck a pole and she was killed on impact.
I am trying to take something from her life and learn something. I think what get from her is that life is too short to be miserable and not doing something to make yourself happy. So if you find yourself in turmoil, talk to people and seek help, and CHANGE what is making your life miserable. I know sometimes easier said than done.

Della We Will Miss You.
Pistols

1 comment:

BeachMama said...

Oh Sharon, so sad. And what a sweet tribute you wrote for her. Hope you are well, am home and we will chat soon.