About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Thursday, May 06, 2010

3 weeks

In the 3 weeks I have had off, I have done... well, not a whole hell of a lot.
I've worked in flower beds, some, tons more needs to be done.
Done the usual, laundry, more laundry and more laundry, and some housework.
I've read what I wanted to read. I read a Handmaids Tale, Slaughterhouse Five, and re reading Sound and the Fury. I want to start Heart of Darkness soon. This I have enjoyed. After months of Medievel and Renaissance literature it is a pleasant change. Glad I have read what I did but I see that I am more a modernist girl. Can't wait to finish the other requirements and sink my teeth into this period of literature.
Spent some time having coffee and lunches, and suppers with friends.
I spent time with my kids.
Started exercising, not as much as I should be it is better than nothing.
I could have done a lot more cleaning, but for some reason it only gets messy again!
I could have done a million things that are on my "to do" list.
But I have basically been a lazy ass.
Why?
I think I was conserving energy. Next week I go back to school for 8 weeks, taking 2 classes.
I seem to like to test myself. BUT I am sure I can do it.
I am taking 2 more of my first year requirements -Anthropolgy and Classical Greek Civilization - this one should be a breeze I have taken much of this in Art History and WAY back when in CEGEP. The Anthropopgy we will see. It is the first Science type class I have ever taken.
Will I be done after this...well no... I need to more classes in first year to finish this.
But I am looking forward to being back, to be honest, I have missed being there and having something to do.
I do not like being home alone most of the time. It's Like I am spending my time waiting for someone to come home. I don't like waiting.
OH and I have spent my time taking photos, of course. :)

sunkissed

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

I think everyone needs a break now and again.