About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Summer

Yup! I'm free, I'm on summer vacation till September 7th.
Well sort of.
No rest for the wicked, no peace for the loosey. Yup that's me.
Since I have been off I have read a few books, Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf, and let me say this is the most beautifully written works I have read to date. There is one paragraph in it that made me sit back and say WOW!

I have also read a couple of Biographies on William Faulkner, Interesting character.

I have also read Ernest Hemingway's To Have and Have Not. Brutal book just after reading Mrs. Dalloway, I wasn't sure what to make of it or the main character, but the more I think of it the more I get it, and then I read a few articles on Hemingway. Which to me can help one understand the authors intent. I have Farewell to Arms, along with Sanctuary by Faulkner on Order. Right at the moment I have just started Jane Austin's Pride and Predjuice.

BUT mostly I have been busy with the Hubby and the Son. Jack is on Holidays and we are working on painting Nathan's room. (yes in this heat) Then Jack goes back to work on Monday. I am taking one day a week, most likely Thursdays to go into the school and get some books and have a day to myself and see some of the friends I have made at school. I need to keep in touch with them.

I am waiting on marks for the two summer classes I took. SO lets see if I should have been an Archaeology student, sorry Anthroplogy student, or a Classical Greek Historian. Nah... Loving English and art history too much.

I miss school, although I am enjoying the freedom to read what I want.
summer
So here's to summer reading....what are you reading?

No comments: