About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

this and that

Photobucket
A single moment

Boys

Sons
Males

Will I ever understand them? Most likely, I won't. I love my son, desperately wanted a boy, but he is not what I expected. He is wild and crazy, knows his own mind and come hell or high water will not do the most simplest of things without and arguement or a good reason. I hear myself saying the words I swore I would never say...BECAUSE I SAID SO and what is this bull that males are more logical in their thinking and females are more emotional. Utter Bull. Have not seen evidence of this in either one in my house. I love both. Most of the time I see think it, do it. I have seen boys that are much more sensible (well at least I think they are in the small doses I am exposed to them) than my young man who is about to turn 9. Let's do he thinks and does it. Does he think about what might happen if he does this?...NO... Resounding NO! And what do I get from Jack if I tell him the adventures of the day. Hunny he is just a boy...OH and that makes it ok? Methinks not. He is also at the mouthy phase. Please God...if you hear me, smarten him up soon! I can't take this constant argueing and telling me I me WRONG...In every little thing. Day in and day out.
Amen.

Photobucket

Photography
Picutres
Camera
This is what I should be doing day in and day out. I haven't done much of that lately. I am deleting the bad photos, off the computer, to clear up space on the the HD. When we bought the computer my husband said will never be able to fill this computer. HA~! I thought, watch me. Less than 4 years it is full!

But...I am going on a photowalk with my friend Beachmama on July 24th. I am so looking forward to this. I hope I can live up to some of the amazing photographers I know will be in the group. I'm sort of out of pratice, I guess I better pratice before I go. YIKES...So much fun, but so nervous.

For a quiet moment!

Reading
Books
Research
Quotes

I love this part of my life...I got my grades and did well in the 2 summer courses I took in May/June. So I handled that better than expected. I had trouble registering for my classes again this year. For some reason I was not premitted to take Latin, which is a 1st year course, and I have 2nd year standing. But I know the Professor and pulled a few strings and got my Latin class. I need it to improve my grammar and to show the one Professor who told me "if you don't have your grammar at your age, you will never have it." Bull...was my thought. And I talked to the other professor I get along with well and he said it would most likely be just the thing I need to get me where I WANT TO BE! So one day I can give her the Big raspberry...I may never be a grammarian, but I will be heaps better than I am now and KNOW what things are called. I know it is going to take a lot of work but it will be worth it in my opinion.

I have found I love searching out quotes... I particaully love quotes by authors I love to read. I seem to need that daily boost to keep me going lately. I love Faulkner. I love this one particularly

Fear is the most damnable, damaging thing to human personality in the whole world.

and this one

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
- William Faulkner

These two sum me up pretty well. All my life I was afraid of trying for fear of failing, but I realize no one cares whether I fail or not, it is only me that is stopping me. But since I have gone back to school I have learned it doesn't matter whether I pass or fail or how HIGH my marks are, just as long as I enjoyed the journey and learn something.
And I am.
And this sums up and ends this blog.

No comments: