About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Guten Tag!

Guten Tag! Ich bin Deutscher!

I guess it has been awhile since I wrote in here. But HOLY HANNA I have been busy.

Let’s get the sad news over with. Our Dog Friday has passed away. He had cancer and was too old to be operate on. He was not in pain so he lived another year after that appointment. I miss him terribly. When we went to look at the puppies the Neighbours dog had 14 years ago, he was the one who came up quietly and laid his head on my knee. Those big brown eyes had me from the get so. He was patient and quiet with the kids. Grant he never seemed to learn to leave porcupines alone. Even 2 weeks before he passed away, he had about 30. SIGH. Nathan took it the hardest, but he loved that dog as much as I did. His littermate, Max is lonely. He has never been without his brother at this side. At the end of this course, I am taking we may have to get a new dog. To keep him company.

Photobucket

We miss you Friday.

I finished the school year! My 3rd in University, but who is counting! It will be awhile before I am done and have my undergrad! I have not enjoy as year as much as this one. I think I am finally finding my stride. Thanks Family for putting up with me over the last 3 years. I must have been a total bear!I'm not sure a bear anymore. I think they know now when to leave a room!

Photobucket

I ended the year with Grades I am happy with. An A in British Lit II. I met some wonderful young people in that class. I miss them but we are all to get together for lunch at the end of the summer. HI Jes, Elise, Amanda, and Britt (we will do coffee soon!) and Tim. Must not forget Tim!

Photobucket

I got an A- in Renaissance Art. LOVED that Class and the Prof. She was amazing! Met some great people there too. HI EMMA!

Photobucket

Received a B in my van Gogh Class. Wrote a paper that could have been so much better, BUT I spent so much time researching and getting lost in that, I forgot to budget time for editing. I suck at editing! I am learning but I am getting better!

I also ended with a B in Canadian Lit. I was disappointed in that. I worked harder in that class than any other. Mostly it was meI not quite knowing what I was looking for or what I was doing. I appreciated all the help I got from Professor Mason. She was the hardest marker I had this year. BUT I do see what she was saying. Again met some awesome People in that class, that I see socially! Hey John, Amelia, Katherine, and Allison! They are great!

Allen, last time I am listening to you! Seriously, I am enjoying the class and learning a new language. BUT Man I have to work at it! Allen makes it fun, and that is what is most important, we are having fun. I may not get an A but I will pass. The Prof is great, and is a NEW PhD in Languages. She is caring and sweet. So I will see what I get in the midterm, and move forward.

Photobucket

Well that’s about it for now. Time to do some Homework in German.


Guten Abend!

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

Sorry to hear about your dog. That's difficult.