“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back to the Grind

“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” Ralph Waldo Emerson

But it really isn't a grind...

Photobucket

Since I started this University thing, four years ago, I have discovered many things about myself. I am able to do this, maybe not as fast as the younger set, but I hold my own. I enjoy doing this. NO, I love doing this. I am passionate about English and love discussing the books that I read. Although, I do have responsibilities to my family, which sometimes get in the way, I will spend every possible waking moment in doing what needs to be done to improve myself, encourage myself, and make myself stronger in my writing ability and in seraching out the themse or devices that are used in the works. I only control the path I take but not what happens along the way so this is one heck of an adventure.

I got up this morning and before I had my first cup of coffee drank; I was researching my second paper of the term. I have my first paper in the final stages and to be handed in tomorrow. Yes, the GEEK that I am started a paper before classes started. I never would have done that 20 odd years ago!

Photobucket

However, I am back at it. Therefore, this blog as you all well know, will be going on Hiatus for a while, while I research the 5 papers I have this term; 3 for American Literatures, one for Aboriginal Literatures and one for Canadian Historical Art and just plain juggling family life, household chores, and Supreme Chaos! Although at times I will feel I am losing it, I will get through it and love most of it! I might post the odd photo, but that is about it, no time for deep musings.

So check back once and while to see if I have posted, but do not hold your breath. I will be busy...maybe I will post my first A paper here...one never knows.

Have a great Fall!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Best of luck with your studies. I don't know if you get a school break soon but with the impending holiday season there's all sorts of family activities to keep one busy anyways...

Stay upright and stoic like the statue in this post. :)