About Me

My photo
I am a MATURE student in life and University. I am a mom to a 21 year old Daughter(How did that happen?) and university student. Mom to a busy 10-year-old boy. Wife of Jack-of-all trades for 29 years. Sister and friend to many. Sharon just lucky I guess.

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

The Summer that came and went!

“What appears to be the end may really be a new beginning.” Anonymous

Photobucket

Man, has it been one busy summer!

Photobucket

Nathan’s tutoring is over and he is back in school, and taking Karate! Miranda started yesterday; her last year of University, WOW seems like yesterday she was just moving to Montreal and starting at Concordia. Tomorrow, I start back with a 3-hour lecture in Canadian Historical Art, and then Friday, Studies in Aboriginal Literature, and American Literature up until 1835. I think it is going to be an interesting semester.

Photobucket

A friend of mine asked me last week to come over and take a picture of a field she had planted, just birdseed, which are mostly Sunflower seeds. Up grew this amazing field of sunflowers! She was looking for a natural way to keep the geese out of the hayfields that come through, land in her fields, and destroy the grass in the fall. She is not sure that this is going to work but I think it is a great idea try. Plus she can look out her window and see this cheerful mass of yellow. I will let you know how it turns out. It is right along highway 148, just outside of Thurso heading to Montreal. People just have to stop! To take pictures because it is just a huge mass of yellow! It is very beautiful.

Photobucket

My friend, Barb, is a huge supporter of the Relay for Life. She has a team and participates every year. And so she put up a sign that says, “Pick your own sunflowers and just leave a good will donation in the box for my Relay for life team” And you know what? People are! They stop, pick, and take pictures and leave a donation. Talk about a wonderful idea!

Photobucket

Now isn't this a great idea and a great way to end the summer?

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

jo(e) said...

Those sunflower photos are stunning.

Sharon From the Creek said...

Thanks Jo(e)

I got great light the couple of times I was down there to take the pictures.

:)

Jeff said...

Time does have a way of speeding past us...

That's a dazzling display of sunflowers. The complementary yellow & green colors are beautiful. I like all the images but am drawn most to the one including the structures in the background.

Sharon From the Creek said...

Thanks Jeff! After browsing your blog that is high praise!

I enjoy what is around me, I am in school so I don;t have a lot of time to shoot. BUT I do use it as a break when one of my papers bog me down.

:)

Jeff said...

Sharon,

Thanks for the kind comment. I don't know what it is like to balance family & school but I can only imagine a very busy schedule.

For me, I value photography as stress relief. Sometimes I overdid the photography bit to where I made it something stressing me out but I think I have a bit more balance. :)

Having an option to get the mind and eye seeing in a different way is useful. Best wishes to you in school.