“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” Oscar Wilde

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

Welcome to my new and improved Blog.


I decided it was time for a change!

I write this Blog for me, no one else, just me. It is a way to think outloud, and to share my experiences with the world. Maybe some will be interested and some will not, and who knows, I might figure something out myself. I will talk about whatever comes to my mind, and sometimes it is hard for me to do, but I will do it anyway.

I enjoy photography so you will see a lot of my work. I love to read and you will see quotes from my favorite authors. Generally follow my life as try to obtain my undergrad in Art History and English at Carleton University.

Please read, enjoy and comment, open disscussion is welcome.

Friday, July 13, 2012

This Blog Has Come to an End.

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” ― Dr. Seuss

 Well, this is the end...Let me say I have been struggling with keeping up this, and struggling about ending this blog, but in my heart I know it is right.  I have not time to write, I can barely keep up with life, and hence, no time at all to blog. I am sure the few of you who come here notice that of late, I never update, and honestly, I don’t have all that much to say these days. I don’t want to complain, I don’t want to be one of those happy people who is completely upbeat and talks about nothing, and talks about everything. I don’t feel what I have to say is that important. Life is busy, crazy busy.


School, family, life...

School is my salvation as of late, I need it to keep me sane, to give me direction, and learning makes me smile and I enjoy what I see around me. I am meeting people I enjoy, and wish to continue to get to know and move on with. Grades are fine, and this coming year I finish my electives and then the year after I do my Honours papers, and I will be done Undergrad, then on to my Masters in English. That is going to take some work and dedicated time.



My family is growing up and decreasing. My daughter has graduated from Concordia, Bachelor of Fine Arts with Distinction, and we could not be prouder. She is flying on with her life. Go Miranda!



My son is growing and changing into an awesome young man. He will be 11 soon, so much yet for him to discover and do. All his teenager firsts are to come. Nathan I hope you will handle them with grace, and style and intelligence, and not give your parents any more grey hair. 

My Husband and I will be 30 years married this summer. Not an easy time it has been, but we are still here. My in-laws are very ill, and we live with uncertainty. My Mother in law is entering into the last stages of Alzheimer’s. We are all pitching in to help with her until we get her into a care home. My Father in law just had Cancer surgery – survived but has a long road ahead. My parents so far are in good health, no one knows what will change.

 My life is an unexplored road, in which I travel and have no clue where it will lead. Things are so uncertain, and things will change, and I have to focus on the above to be able to get through it and have the strength I need to be strong in whatever capacity I am needed. So no time to write and upkeep a blog...Maybe one day I will come back, as a different person, as I am becoming my own person, finding my own strength, and insights. However, for now my focus is my life, my family, my school...  




However, for now, I leave you with a quote

 “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and to endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know that even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson 



Ciao, Adieu, until later. And Cheers!

Love and Best Health to all
Sharon from the Creek

3 comments:

jo(e) said...

I've enjoyed getting a chance to peek into your life from time to time. I hope there are wonderful things ahead for you.

Sharon From the Creek said...

Thanks Jo(e) I have enjoyed getting to know you too. I am sure there are wonderful things ahead.I just have to make sure to have the time to see them.

randy said...

Hi, very interesting post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page ? Please email me back. Thanks!

Randy
randydavis387 at gmail.com